Police Redress understands that thinking about your police career or the impacts it has had on your life might raise concerns.

If you are already speaking to a counsellor, psychologist or psychiatrist, you should discuss the scheme with them.

Claiming medical expenses

Former police officers may claim medical expenses, including for psychological and psychiatric services through the Former Police Officers Medical Benefits Scheme.

If you don’t already see a mental health professional, but think it might help if you did, you should talk to your GP.

Where to get support

These organisations offer a range of support services that are free.


Suicide Call Back Service

Qlife LGBTI+


Samaritans Crisis Link

MensLine Australia


Anglicare WA Mental Health Services